Blog

VIVO Updates June 17, 2018 -- Nominations for Leadership Group, EuroCRIS, Membership Drive

Nominations for Leadership Group open Each year, VIVO elects three community members to serve on the VIVO Leadership Group. Any person at a VIVO member institution can nominate up to three people to serve. To make a nomination, you must be at a VIVO member institution. Not at a member institution? That’s easy to fix, become a member. To become a member, see Become a Member Now that you are at member institution, send the names of the people you would like to nominate to Kristi Searle at Duraspace. You can nominate anyone you like, including people who have served as community members previously. Kristi will check with each person nominated to make sure they are willing to serve. If they are, they will be asked to provide a short bio to use in the election. Nominations are due June 25, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you!

EuroCRIS I had the pleasure of attending the 2018 EuroCRIS meeting in Umeå Sweden this past week. EuroCRIS meets every other year, and gathers people interested in “CRIS” systems — current research information systems — these are systems that record the research outputs of a research organization. Some people refer to VIVO as a CRIS system. CRIS systems focus on research outputs, not people, and often are directly associated with repositories where the research outputs are stored. In Europe, due to open access and other compliance and reporting requirements, it is increasingly common for a university to *require* that all research outputs be stored in the university’s repository. A very popular choice for such work is DSpace, another Duraspace project. DSpace-CRIS is a modification of DSpace that supports the production of simple profiles of researchers with content in the repository. Much of the conference health with issues of CRIS systems, DSpace-CRIS, and the compliance requirements.

I had the chance to meet and discuss these ides with colleagues from the VIVO community, DSpace community, and Duraspace including Michele Minielli (Duraspace), David Baker (CASRAI), Brian Lowe (Ontocale), Tatiana Walter (TIB Hannover), Anna Guillaumet (SIGMA, and VIVO Leadership Group), Jordi Cuni (SIGMA), Andrea Bollini (4Science), Caroline Birkle (Managing Director Converis), Ed Simons (President, EuroCRIS), Anna Clements (University of Glasgow), Susana Moriati (4Science), Pablo de Castro (EuroCRIS board), Jan Dvorack (Infoscience, Czech Republic), and Miguel-Angel Sicilia (University of Alcalá, Spain) .

Tatiana Walter gave an excellent talk on the effort to map KDSF in Germany to VIVO. Basic concepts of mapping were covered as well as difficulties that were resolved in the mapping of KDSF. Her talk will be available on the conference web site.

EuroCRIS has a CRIS system output format, CERIF-XML. Many CRIS systems are able to produce CERIF-XML. A mapping of CERIF-XML to VIVO was completed several years ago. It needs to be updated. With a new mapping, an XSLT could be constructed to export VIVO RDF triples from CERIF-compatible CRIS systems. We hope to hear more about the updated mapping and XSLT transform work in the months to come.

The meeting was an excellent chance to discuss CRIS concepts with European colleagues, and to keep up to date on CRIS thinking and activities in Europe.

Membership Drive Interested in helping VIVO grow its membership? Please contact Julia Trimmer VIVO is looking for a person to join the membership drive.

Go VIVO!MikeMike Conlon VIVO Project Director

 

 

VIVO Updates — survey, conference, leadership, travel, Dean Krafft

What do you value about VIVO?  VIVO is conducting a short survey.  Three simple questions.  We started the survey at the conference and have received many thoughtful replies. Not able to attend the conference?  Please respond here: VIVO Value Survey.  Please share with your colleagues and encourage that they share.  We'd like to hear from everyone about VIVO. 

A Wonderful Conference  The Ninth Annual VIVO Conference was held this past week at the beautiful JB Duke Hotel on the campus of beautiful Duke University.  The conference provided a perfect setting for seeing the work of others, sharing and discussing current ideas, and learning more about VIVO, ontology, linked data, research information, faculty profiles, and much more.  This year the organizers welcomed people working on other systems that collect and provide information about research activities and outputs. 

A special thanks to Paul Albert who served as conference chair.  Paul did an outstanding job.  Eric Meeks served as program chair, organizing posters, presentations, invited talks, workshops, and introducing "unconference" sessions organized during the conference.  Julia Trimmer served as local host, working with the hotel and university to insure everyone had everything they needed.  They were supported by a conference team.  Together they put on quite an event!

Did you present at the conference?  As we have done in years past, we are making conference materials available through OpenVIVO.  You can post your materials to Figshare (http://figshare.com) Be sure to identify yourself and your collaborators using ORCiD, and tag your work #vivo18.  The VIVO Project has automated scripts that pull in metadata from Figshare and populate OpenVIVO.  We wish all conferences worked this way.

Leadership Group  The Leadership Group is on the move.  Lots of news:

  • Julia Trimmer of Duke University has been elected acting chair of the Leadership Group and the Steering Group.
  • Ginny Pannabecker of Virginia Tech has joined the group replacing Julie Griffin
  • Doug Hahn of Texas A&M has joined the group replacing Michael Bolton
  • Muhammad Javed of Cornell has joined the group replacing Dean Krafft
  • An election for the bronze members representative is being concluded
  • An election for three community representatives will begin shortly.  Each will be elected to one year terms.
  • The group will be meeting every four weeks and has adopted some new processes for conducting its business.  The group will name the VIVO Steering Group in the weeks ahead.  The Steering Group will assist Leadership by raising and discussing issues facing the project, and drafting documents for Leadership approval.

Upcoming Travel  I will be on the road a bit over the next four weeks.  Next week, I'll be in Umeå, Sweden for the EuroCRIS 2018 meeting.  See http://www.cris2018.se/  The meeting brings together people interested in Current Research Information Systems (CRIS).  The following week I will be in Montreal for a CASRAI workshop, then in Philadelphia for a family gathering.  After a few days home, I will be heading to Nanjing, China for the inaugural meeting of the Association for Data, Information, and Society.  I'll be back home July 9.  Should be great travels.  My email may be a bit slow during some of these trips.  I appreciate your patience.

Dean Krafft  As we heard above, Dean Krafft, Chief Technologist of the Cornell University Libraries is stepping down from the VIVO Leadership Group, and from the VIVO Steering Group chair position, which he has held since VIVO joined Duraspace in 2013.  I met Dean in 2009 in the writing of the VIVO grant proposal to the National Institutes of Health.  We have worked closely together over the last nine years. It would be hard to imagine a better colleague, nor a person who has been more steadfast, supportive, creative, insightful, and professional in all he has done for VIVO over all these years.  The community owes Dean an immeasurable debt of gratitude.  Dean, you will truly be missed. 

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

 

 

VIVO 1.10.0-RC-1 available for testing

June 1, 2018

The VIVO 1.10.0 release candidate is available for testing. Pending any issues discovered in the testing of the release candidate, the 1.10.0 release is planned for June 29, 2018.

The primary features/updates found in this release include:

  • Support for RDF 1.1 via Jena 3

  • Documentation for integrating the Data Distribution API

  • TPF Endpoint

  • Direct2Experts Endpoint

  • Improvements in Internationalization

  • Upgrade of password encryption to Argon2i

  • Jenatool for import and export of entire triple stores

  • vivo.owl consolidated ontology assertions

  • Many internal improvements in support of theming

  • Many internal improvements to upgrade dependencies

  • Many bug fixes

A full list of JIRA tickets addresses by this release can be found here: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?filter=13210

To test the release candidate download and build from the source code to deploy into a servlet container https://github.com/vivo-project/VIVO/tree/rel-1.10.0-RC-1

-or-

Download a no source vagrant https://github.com/vivo-community/vivo-vagrant/tree/rel-1.10.0-RC-1

See the VIVO 1.10 Technical Documentation wiki for instructions:  https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVODOC110x/VIVO+1.10.x+Documentation

Community testing of this release candidate is critical. Please provide your feedback on the release testing page  https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVO/Release+Testing+-+1.10.0.

Mike Conlon

VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates May 27 -- Conference, new LG members, Welcome Erin, Meetings this week

One week to the VIVO Conference  It's not too late to register and attend the VIVO Conference.  It's not too late to submit a poster.  Hop on http://vivoconference.org to learn more.  

Welcome new members of the VIVO Leadership Group  This week we welcome two new members to the VIVO Leadership Group:

  • Anna Guillaumet, SIGMA (Spain).  SIGMA is a non-profit company supported by ten leading Spanish universities.  SIGMA develops and hosts software supporting students and researchers in Spain.
  • Frederico Ferrario, Cineca (Italy).  Cineca is a consortium of 62 research universities in Italy.  Cineca develops and provides information technology solutions supporting research.

We appreciate their willingness to serve and look forward to their insight regarding VIVO.

The VIVO Leadership Group meets monthly, and provides strategic direction for VIVO.  Representation on the Leadership Group is determined by membership, and by community elections.  See the VIVO Project Charter for a description of the group and its responsibilities.

You may wish to become a member of VIVO and participate in project governance.  See Become a Member for more information.

Welcome Erin Tripp!  Erin Tripp assumes the role of interim CEO of Duraspace June 1.  Previously Erin served as Duraspace Business Development Manager.  In that role she has worked to improve the service provider program, and has led the Research Graph VIVO Cloud Pilot project, gaining significant experience with VIVO.  I have worked with Erin throughout her time at Duraspace.  She will do an outstanding job in her new role.  Please join me in welcoming Erin!

Meetings this week  We don't have an interest group meeting on Thursday this week (fifth Thursday of the month), but we have three others (lots going on in VIVO Land).

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates May 13, 2018 -- Conference, Apps and Tools, Sprint 2, Spring cleaning, Debra Hanken Kurtz

Two weeks to the JB Duke Hotel and the Ninth Annual VIVO Conference.  The VIVO Conference is coming up, June 6-8 at the JB Duke Hotel on the campus of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, served by the Raleigh-Durham airport,  and includes a great line-up of keynote speakers, community presentations, posters, and workshops.  Make your plans to attend and meet up with your VIVO colleagues!

Conference rates go up May 30.  Register today! http://vivoconference.org

May 30 is the final deadline for late breaking posters for the VIVO Conference.  Have work to share with others?  A poster is  great way to share your work!  http://vivoconference.org/news/late-breaking

This year, the conference planners have included "unconference" opportunities for people to organize small informal (5-7) groups of people around particular topics.  Similar to focus groups, each unconference meet-up will provide an opportunity to gather information about the interests and needs of the community and share with others.  Stay tuned for more information about how to sign-up and organize an unconference meet-up.

Interested in learning more about VIVO development?  A workshop at the conference Wednesday will provide an introduction to the code.

Apps and Tools on Thursday The Apps and Tools Interest Group will meet Thursday at 1 PM.  See the group page for call info.  The group is open to all and discusses apps and tools that can be used with VIVO.

Sprint 2 starts Tuesday  Sprint 2 has a kick-off meeting Tuesday at 11 AM.  See the sprint page for call-in info.

Spring cleaning in GitHub The VIVO Project on Github http://vivo-project.github.com was getting a bit cluttered.  There were repositories for software not actively being developed, and repositories for software actively being developed by community members as adjuncts to the core VIVO software.  So we did some spring cleaning.  We now have three github organizations, each with their own repositories:

  • http://github.com/vivo-project This is the project organization and contains repos for VIVO, Vitro, Harvester, Jenatools, sample data, and languages.  These are the components of VIVO, and are actively maintained.
  • http://github.com/vivo-community This organization contains repositories for software associated with VIVO that are under shared maintenance and development by community members.  It includes VIVO Vagrant, and work of the VIVO Product Evolution effort.
  • http://github.com/vivo-archive This organization contains repositories for projects no longer under active development and is offered for historical purposes.  Code here is unlikely to be currently useful but may indicate ideas the project has had in the past.

We hope this is an improvement and will help each us better understand what is ready to use, what is community-developed, and what we have worked on in the past, but are no longer working on.  As always, all feedback is welcome!

Debra Hanken Kurtz will join Arizona State University in June.  Debra Hanken Kurtz, CEO of Duraspace, is taking a position at Arizona State University.  Erin Tripp has been named interim CEO.  See  http://bit.ly/2GzvCWt.  Debra and I started the same day at Duraspace, back in March of 2015.  Debra has worked tirelessly in support of VIVO and has significantly strengthened Duraspace in her time at the helm.  I have worked closely with Debra for the past three years.  She is a friend and colleague and I wish her all the best in this next chapter in her life.  VIVO is stronger as a result of Debra's work.  Thank you Debra!

and go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates May 13, 2018 -- Upcoming Webinar, Sprint 2, Conference Updates

Mark Your Calendars: Supporting a VIVO Regional Community.  Christian Hauschke, VIVO Coordinator, German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB) will present a webinar entitled "Supporting a VIVO Regional Community," June 12, 11 AM US Eastern Time.  

When VIVO is implemented in a research institution, there is a need to adjust the software to local needs. If a system has its roots in a different country, the adjustments can be more comprehensive. The VIVO ontology and a lot of the underlying assumptions, which are based on the realities of the US scholarly landscape, must be “tailored” to be able to depict the academic culture. The differences concern both the meaning of the translated terms and the usage of the terms in the common language use.

This one-hour webinar aims at explaining some of the differences we have experienced while trying to make VIVO compliant to the needs of the German VIVO community. Our motives, goals, tools, and means of communication will be introduced to help others learn from our experiences.  Time will be reserved for questions following the presentation.

Sprint 2  Sprint 2 is being organized to finish a VIVO 1.10 release candidate.  If you are interested in documentation, and/or testing, please considering joining the sprint.  Details here:  Sprint 2

Three weeks to the JB Duke Hotel and the Ninth Annual VIVO Conference.  The VIVO Conference is coming up, June 6-8 at the JB Duke Hotel on the campus of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, served by the Raleigh-Durham airport,  and includes a great line-up of keynote speakers, community presentations, posters, workshops and "unconference" sessions that can be organized by the attendees.  Register today! http://vivoconference.org

Late breaking Call for Posters.  May 30 is the final deadline for late breaking posters for the VIVO Conference.  Have work to share with others?  A poster is  great way to share your work!  http://vivoconference.org/news/late-breaking

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates April 29 -- Outreach and Engagement, Sprint Progress, Conference deadlines, Elections to Leadership, Books, and New Supporter

Outreach and Engagement Call this Thursday  May 3, 1PM US Eastern time, the Outreach and Engagement Interest Group will have its monthly call.  All are welcome!

Sprint Progress Report As you may know, VIVO is in the midst of its first community sprint.  The sprint started last Monday and continues through this Friday.  Learn more here:  Sprint 1

Force 11, International Data Week deadlines  Two conferences have upcoming deadlines for submissions:

Election to Leadership  In May, VIVO will hold nominations and elections for members of the Leadership Group.  The VIVO Leadership Group consists of member representatives and community representatives.  VIVO will hold elections for a member of the Bronze level institutions, and elections for community representatives.  The Leadership Group meets every four weeks and sets strategic direction for VIVO.  The Leadership Group also appoints the members of the Steering Group.  The Steering Group meets every two weeks and discusses the operational elements of the VIVO Project.  Look for announcements regarding nominations for Leadership.  We're looking for people dedicated to VIVO who have the time to attend the meetings, and participate in Leadership activities.  For planning purposes, and discussions within your institution, you should assume that participation in VIVO Leadership is a 5% time commitment.  Elected members serve one year terms.

Books?  Some people still read books.  Seems like a good idea.  There are a number of books that are quite relevant to the VIVO community, and have helped us develop the ideas behind the project.  Do you know of a book that you think would benefit the members of the VIVO community?  We'd like to hear from you.  We will post some book suggestions here in VIVO Updates.  We look forward to hearing from you.

New supporter, McMaster University Thank you McMaster University for your financial support of the VIVO Project.  McMaster has been a member of Duraspace, and is now a Gold Member.  They support multiple projects, including VIVO.  Thank you McMaster University!

A complete list of the financial supporters of the VIVO Project can be found at the VIVO web site here:  http://vivoweb.org/community/membership

It's easy to become a member, see http://bit.ly/dura-join If you'd like to learn more about membership, please contact Mike Conlon

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates April 22 -- Sprint 1, Conference workshops, Membership Task Force, Apps and Tools

On your mark, get set.  VIVO is holding its first ever Community led software sprint beginning Monday, April 23. Ten developers from 8 institutions in three countries will participate.  Sprint 1 has a goal of finishing, testing, and documenting Release 1.10.  Release 1.10 will be one of the larger "dot" releases and includes Triple Pattern Fragments, a new API for VIVO, as well as Tenderfoot, a new beta mobile first interface based on Twitter Bootstrap.  Release 1.10 also includes support for RDF 1.1 and Jena 3, as well as significant performance improvements.  Upgrading to 1.10 will require unloading and reloading your existing VIVO triple store, using new provided tools, jena2tools for exporting from your existing Jena 2 triple store, and jena3tools for importing to your new upgraded Jena 3 triple store. See VIVO 1.10.0 Release Testing for a technical description of the upgrade process.  Over 60 issues have been resolved in this release.

Sprint 2, scheduled for May 21 to June 1, is forming now.  Consider joining Slack, and asking about participation in Sprint 2.  You can join Slack here:  Join Slack

VIVO Conference workshops  The VIVO Conference to be held June 6-8 at the JB Duke Hotel in Durham, North Carolina, is pleased to announce four workshops included with registration:

  1. Learning VIVO Development
  2. Hands On With the Dimensions API
  3. Exploring Research Information Citizenship in an Institutional Context

  4. Product Evolution: Exploring New Technologies

For more information, see http://vivoconference.org/news/workshops

See you in Durham!

Membership Task Force is forming  Can you help VIVO by helping us bring in new members?  Do you have fund-raising experience, or perhaps you would like to learn about fund-raising for non-profits?  The VIVO Membership Task Force is forming for 2018.  The group will be identifying prospects for membership and working with people across the US, Canada, and Europe to develop the potential for new members of Duraspace supporting the VIVO Project.  Membership provides the revenue for sustaining VIVO project infrastructure, travel, communications, and facilitation of key processes.  VIVO gets a lot done for a small amount of money through its incredible community of volunteers.  Help us build a strong community of members that financially support the project.  Consider joining the VIVO Membership Task Force.  We will meet every three weeks through October.  We are looking for one or two people willing to help.  Please contact Mike Conlon if you are interested in helping VIVO in this way.  We greatly appreciate your interest!

Apps and Tools  The Apps and Tools Interest Group will meet this Thursday at 1 PM US Eastern Time.  The group discusses  and presents tools and applications that can be used with VIVO.  Join the call to learn more about tools people are using with VIVO.  new comers are very welcome on all VIVO Interest Group calls.  Hope to see you Thursday.

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director

VIVO Updates April 15, 2018 -- Duraspace Summit, CNI, Implementation, A new Front end for VIVO

Duraspace Summit  Each year, Duraspace has a member summit to build community, share progress from its various affiliated projects, and provide the projects with an opportunity to meet and grow.  This year, the Summit was held in San Diego. About 100 people attended. It featured two invited panels – one on the use of persistent identifiers, and one on the future of "open" in scholarly communication.  Three VIVO breakout sessions were held – the first, chaired by Julia Trimmer, provided an opportunity for each of the five action planning areas to report on work to date and take questions.  The second, chaired by Mike Conlon focused on membership – experiences of the past, opportunities to grow membership in the future.  The third breakout was chaired by Andrew Woods and addressed the sprints, development practices, encouraging the alignment of committers, product evolution, developers, and ontologists.  The Summit is a good opportunity to discuss VIVO and to meet people from the other Duraspace facilitated projects.  To learn more about becoming a member of Duraspace supporting VIVO, visit http://duraspace.org/about_membership

Coalition for Networked Information Spring Meeting.  Following the Summit, the Coalition for Networked Information held its spring meeting, also in San Diego.  This meeting attracts 400 or so library and information technology specialists, mostly from the United States, to discuss current projects.  There were two keynotes.  Joan Lippincott of CNI presented on user-centric design of information and library practices.  Larry Smarr presented on high-speed computing and networking both nationally and in California.  There were several presentations on the concept of research intelligence, the use of collated and curated data to inform research strategy of an institution.  Tom Cramer of Stanford presented on RIALTO, a system being designed and built at Stanford, based on VIVO, to provide research intelligence capability for Stanford.  The University of Cincinnati presented their locally developed Research Hub, an integrated system providing profiles, research intelligence, grant administration, and faculty review and reporting.

Implementation Interest Group  The Implementation Interest Group will have a call this Thursday at 1 PM US eastern time.  The call is a great place for people to share their experiences with VIVO implementations, ask questions, and get answers.  Newcomers are very welcome.  Considering and implementation?  Planning?  Working?  Please join us on Thursday.

A New Front-end for VIVO  At the VIVO 2017 Conference, Hector Correa and Steve McCauley of Brown University presented A New Front-End for VIVO, describing how Brown University replaced the delivered VIVO front-end with an all interface using Ruby-on-Rails and Solr.  The result is very impressive – attractive, fast, and functional.  See Researchers @ Brown at http://vivo.brown.edu

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Directormconlon@ufl.edu

VIVO Updates April 8, 2018 -- Camp, Conference, New Sites, Action Planning

VIVO Camp We had a great camp at the UCSD Biomedical Library, meeting new friends from Arizona, UCSD, Notre Dame, and Clarivate.  Instructors Violeta IlikPaul AlbertBenjamin Gross, and myself, were joined by Brian Lowe of Ontocale.  We had perfect weather (the meeting was in San Diego, so perfect weather is expected, but always appreciated).  The camp covered data sourcing, use cases, information representation, ontology, SPARQL, and Karma, with hands-on VIVO, interface, configuration, and much more.

We're planning a fall camp,.  Have questions about camp? Thoughts about topics, locations, timing, other? vivo-community@googlegroups.com

VIVO Conference The VIVO Conference will be held June 6-8 at the JB Duke Hotel on the campus of Duke University.  Join colleagues from around the world in presentations and discussions regarding the representation and use of information regarding scholarship.  Register today!  http://vivoconference.org

New VIVO site at McMaster University Congratulations to the team at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on the launch of Experts (https://experts.mcmaster.ca/).  Experts at McMaster provides information on more than 5,500 faculty, 71,000 academic articles, and more than 19,000 conference papers.  The site looks great!

From Wikipedia: McMaster University (commonly referred to as McMaster or Mac) is a public research university in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The main campus is on 121 hectares (300 acres) of land near the residential neighbourhoods of Ainslie Wood and Westdale, adjacent to the Royal Botanical Gardens.[5] It operates six academic faculties: the DeGroote School of BusinessEngineeringHealth SciencesHumanitiesSocial Science, and Science. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada.

New VIVO site at the University of Alabama, Birmingham  Congratulations to the team at the University of Alabama, Birminghamin Birmingham, Alabama on the launch of Scholars@UAB. Scolars@UAB provides information on more than 4,600 faculty, 41,000 papers, and 9,500 grants.  Another great looking site!

From Wikipedia:  The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a public research university in Birmingham in the U.S. state of Alabama. Developed from an academic extension center established in 1936, the institution became a four-year campus in 1966 and a fully autonomous institution in 1969. Today, it is one of three institutions in the University of Alabama System and the only R1 research institution in the state.

Congratulations to two new VIVO sites!

More Action Planning As you heard here last week, the VIVO Project kicked off a year long "action planning" process March 1.  Five action planning areas are tasked with developing goals, engaging the community, and executing their goals over the course of the coming year.  One of the action planning areas is “Resources”.

The resource action planners are considering how to strengthen the project by increasing the resources available to the project.  Areas of interest include:

  • Development.  Developers advance the software.  Developers organize their work in issues, pull requests, and sprints.  The first sprint of the year will occur April 23-May 4.  We hope you are able to join.  Sprint 2 is being planned for late May.
  • Membership.  Membership in Duraspace supporting VIVO provides financial resources required to hire facilitators, provide project infrastructures, support outreach activities, and whatever else the project may need to purchase.  Please consider helping us raise the number of members supporting the project financially.
  • Community volunteers.  VIVO has an extraordinary group of volunteers.  These folks organize the conference, plan and teach the camps, organize sprints, write documentation, answer questions on the lists, recruit new members, and much, much more.  As an open source project, VIVO is wholly dependent on its volunteers to move things forward.  Please consider how you might help the project by joining Slack, and asking how you might help.  The Interest Groups also provide a natural way to become more familiar with the project.
  • Other sources of support.  VIVO holds events, participates in grant funding, has service providers, and emerging services.  Each are resources and each provide opportunities for financial support of the project.

There is much that can be done to grow resources across a broad spectrum of activities. 

And for any question you may have about anything related to the VIVO project, please post to Vivo-community@googlegroups.com or VIVO-tech@googlegroups.com

Go VIVO!

Mike

Mike Conlon VIVO Project Directormconlon@ufl.edu

preserve