Research Graph VIVO Cloud Pilot. For years sites wishing to implement VIVO have been looking for a way to discover the work of their institution and represent it in a VIVO. Some sites have asked for a hosted solution. Last year, I worked with Research Graph to show how their data could be harvested and loaded into a hosted VIVO. Since then, working with Erin Tripp at Duraspace, a cloud pilot service has been designed. You can learn more about it here: Research Graph VIVO Cloud Pilot. If you are interested in augmenting the data in your current VIVO, or learning more about how Research Graph may be able to help, you may wish to check out the pilot. The pilot is just that, a pilot. We have a lot to learn about the suitability of the data, and the quality of the resulting VIVO.
Hear from you. Have ideas about the future of VIVO? We'd like to hear from more of you. Here are some options: 1) write me an email (email@example.com ); 2) Share your thoughts with a member of VIVO Leadership Group – perhaps you work with one of these people or know one personally. They would very much like to hear from you. Or perhaps you would prefer to share with a member of the VIVO Steering Group – perhaps you have a colleague there; 3) Share your thoughts on Slack. Haven't joined Slack, it's easy, click here: https://goo.gl/sSDGMn; 4) Answer an open ended survey – you can share your thoughts here https://goo.gl/forms/mc2RDSyl6xITuNIN2, in an anonymous survey; 5) You can share your thoughts on a shared open Google Doc here: https://goo.gl/q6p9wt; and 6) You can share your thoughts on one of the Interest Groups calls (see below, the Implementation Interest Group call is this Thursday) – these friendly calls are open to all. Please join a call and share your questions, concerns, thoughts. Use whichever method is most comfortable for you. Please comment freely on any aspect of the project.
Some things to do in February. Lots of things are happening in the VIVO Community. Here's some things you may want to do help:
- Share your ideas. here: https://goo.gl/forms/mc2RDSyl6xITuNIN2 Comments received by February 18 (next Sunday) will be forward to the Leadership and Steering Group for their planning.
- Join Slack here: https://goo.gl/sSDGMn
- Volunteer. Have an idea about you may be able to help the project? Do you like to organize meetings, take notes, raise money, write code, think deep thoughts? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a member. It's easy. See http://bit.ly/dura-join
- Submit a proposal to the conference. The call for proposals is open through March 18. http://vivoconference.org/news/callforproposals
- Register for VIVO Camp in San Diego, April 5-7. Registration is open. https://goo.gl/vh9hm7
Mike Conlon VIVO Project Director